Sending Please wait
The Film Festival
We Invite you to submit videos of complicated / challenging cataract and refractive surgeries. The video should highlight a surgical pearl, complication or interesting surgical technique, that you feel will provide some useful tips to the attendees. Of all the submissions, the top five will be selected for presentation.
Financial Interest Disclosure as it applies to your film submission
Only one film per producer will be accepted. The primary producer/first author may be the co-producer on no more than two additional films.
Deadline for receipt of the film is January 5th 2014. No late entries will be accepted. Please follow the mailing or uploading instructions carefully.
Meeting attendance and registration: The author/producer must register for and attend the Phaco Festival. Registration will be confirmed prior to final judging
Film Festival attendance requirements: The author/producer must attend the video session. Five selected videos will be presented during the video award session. This is considered to be the ‘official presentation’ of the film submission. –
- The film length may not exceed 6 minutes. This is inclusive of the opening and closing credits, and the financial disclosure. Films longer than 6minutes will be disqualified.
- Film Format: Submissions must be in one of the following formats:
- On a physical DVD disc containing film in MPEG, MP4, MOV format conforming to the film specifications above
- An electronically submitted MPEG4 (.mp4) or H.264 (.mov) file conforming to the film specifications above
- HD film files may be submitted electronically, or CD / DVD
- Preview your film on a different deck from the one on which it was produced for audio and film clarity. Films without audio will be disqualified.
You can mail your film.
- January 5, 2014 is the last day that films will be accepted by TMI.
- Mailing Instructions:
- Correctly label film with:
- Producer's name
- Title of film
- Do not send your original copy. Films are not returned.
- Send via air courier / Speed Post so you can trace its receipt and to ensure prompt delivery.
- Mailing Address:
The Organizing Secretary,
Phaco Festival 2014
Nethradhama superspeciality eye hospital
# 256/14, Kanakapura Main Road,
7th Block, Jayanagar,